Thursday, October 22, 2020

15mm Post Apocalypse Scooby-Doo And Gang

 So I got this idea from seeing the covers of "Apocalypse Scooby-Doo" Comic Books. The first thing was can i get some figures that would work close enough for my project. After looking around I found some figures that I can use, Rebel Minis "Apocalypse Survivalist" there are six poses in a set of twelve figures in this set so you get two of each but I only need to use four of the poses. Luckily I have a set on hand for me to look over as to which ones will be part of the Gang. After some time thinking which four, I came to my conclusion as to which ones they are.


So from left to right (photo from Rebel Minis) Shaggy, Fred, Velma and Daphne.  Now I need to make some changes, I want to make a couple of head swaps for Shaggy and Fred with some heads from Peter Pig I have the heads on hand but miss placed my pin vise to drill out the neck area to receive the stem for the new heads. I had to order a new set and currently waiting on the mail system. I also need to add some Green Stuff for the additional changes.

For a Scooby-Doo, Alternative Armies has a great figure for that in their "Armored Elf Beast Masters" set in the HOT Fantasy range. The bonus is you can just order the dogs themselves in a set of four.


Here I just need to add some Green Stuff for the head harness and add a great paint job. I am still debating as to whether or not to add a body harness with pouches.

Now we need a "Mystery Machine" Here I decided to go with Hot Wheels Baja Breaker Van


I have one on the way from Ebay, for under $5.00. It will need a Mystery Machine paint job Apocalypse style. Plus I am going to add additional items that one may have during an Apocalypse.

I am waiting for all things to come together to go further at this time. In the meantime I am working on some buildings for this project that I hope to post soon. 


4 comments:

  1. What a GREAT idea, nice finds for the minis and the mystery machine van!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am on hold for the moment on the figures, but I am working on the van and some terrain stuff too.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Scooby Gang conversion plan is really inspiring and has got me thinking about 15mm for a possible Stranger Things inspired tabletop skirmish game. Looking forward to seeing your terrain.

    ReplyDelete