Monday, July 20, 2020

Scattered Terrain Objects

I wanted some scattered terrain objects, you know the smaller stuff of plants and rock and alike. I also wanted something different then the aquarium plants glue to chipboard or MDF.

So I got kicking around on YouTube and seen some of these craft video's of what some folks were doing with Polymer Clay and figured why not.

I had a small block of FIMO (White) for some other reason to which I can no long recall. I grabbed and handful of finder washer for a base and to hold steady when in storage on magnetic tape at the bottom of the tackle/craft boxes.

Using a Fender Washer, I used some clay for a base on the washer then just went from there. I created a few rock formations with crystals and a few more with plants. Not to sure of what kind of plant to make so I just winged it.

After making the few that I have, it was time to bake them so into the oven at 250 F for 30 Minutes, then take them out and waited until cool.

Crystals;







Plants;







And here are some with a GZG figure for scale comparison;







I tried to keep it close to what I wanted for 15mm but I am sure they could work for other scales too. Now I just have to paint them up and give them some sealant coats and their reading for gaming.

2 comments:

  1. These are marvelous, totally in awe of your sculpting talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, everything i am doing is still a learning lesson.

    ReplyDelete