Saturday, May 9, 2020

Making a Small Terrain Board Part 2



The glue is dry so now I can trim the edges, seems the board in not quite 24 inches by 24 inches. I will have to compensate for that as I make the other boards for this set.



I like to use a very fine sand for my projects. The sand that I use is a pool filtering sand, it come in a large bag weighing about 35 pounds, I keep in a cat litter bucket out in the garage with the lid I don't want the cats to get any ideas.




I start spreading the glue out and add the sand with a tablespoon generously to insure that I get plenty of sand into everywhere I want it, using the back of the spoon to push the sand into the corners and tapping the sand down as well. 





I let it dry for a bit of time so the glue is still tack enough to hold the sand.



Then I dump the sand back into the bucket, then turn it over and tap and bang the back to insure to knock off any additional loose sand.




I will let it dry for a day of so, then I will use a small brush to knock any additional loose sand away, before I start painting on this project.

I want to make three different set of 8 boards, a desert set, green set for forest, jungles or just grass lands and then a city or urban set.

Now where did I leave that can of Black Primer??
 

No comments:

Post a Comment