Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Making a Small Terrain Board Part 1

Alright! I have had all this material around for make a small terrain board of 2 foot by 2 foot. Working on  the concept that I have been working and planning on https://silo1313.blogspot.com/2018/08/modular-city-boards-and-more.html .

I wanted something with some open terrain so that I can add terrain features that I have made https://silo1313.blogspot.com/2017/09/new-piece-added-to-my-terrain.html .

I had a 2 foot by 2 foot pink foam board actually a few of them but I'm going to work with this one for now I also had a pack of 4, 12 inch by 12 inch cork tile I have a few more of those around as well. I plan on making more boards later.

First I laid out the board to what I wanted it to look like, I wanted a small dried river bed with a little trickle of water rolling though it.

Once I had it all figured out I started to carve a little of the river bed out a little at a time till I had what I wanted, then I sand the bed some to give it a smoother surface.

Next I laid out the cork tile to get the shape that they well be then glued them down and pressed it all down with books and weights.

Here is the board as of now.







Here is a few pictures so far with some of my cardboard terrain.







Thanks for looking in, I have more to follow, so keep an Eye out for them. I'm working to have a 4 foot by 4 foot table of these. Ideally I would like to have a 4 foot by 8 foot table but for now this will work.

3 comments: