Tuesday, July 14, 2020

My First Sculpture

My first attempt at sculpting with Green Stuff. I see a lack for creatures in the 15mm range, except for the fantasy. So I felt the need to fill that gap for myself.

So I bought some tools and some Green Stuff, I also bought some 1/4 inch washers that I also use for basing my figures so that what ever I make will stay within those boundaries.

I started off making the base on the washer and without a plan, it took me a little while and this is what I came up with;







And here compared with GZG 15mm figure.





I want a few more so I am hoping that if I get some Blue Stuff  press molding I can make a push mold, I know that the head and neck may be a problem but I will find a way to work that out. 

Now I need to make a few sketches of other animals before I do more sculpting it's nice to have a a plan. 

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty amazing for a first sculpt. So small yet very well defined and immediately recognisable. Well done!

    ReplyDelete