Sunday, September 28, 2014

New Ventures

I'm getting ready to dive into a new area of gaming for me "Pulp" gaming, you can find the rules and more here http://pulpalley.com/ , I have heard a lot of a gaming system called "Pulp Alley", to which you make leagues, Hero, Side Kick, Ally and Followers. Based on a point system for building your league plus special abilities.

Photo from "Pulp Alley"

I love the idea of playing out such plots you may have seem in some of your favorite movies or read in your favorite pulp adventure books. I'm also looking forward to building all kinds of terrain for it as well, from jungles to pyramids, looking for treasure or foiling the bad guys plans, or investigating things that go bump in the night.

The challenge for myself is there is a lot of stuff out there for those who play in the 28mm range for myself I will be playing it in the 15mm range and will be enjoying the hunt for all the figures and vehicles to be used in play. For which I will post every location i find for pulp gaming in the 15mm range here and compile a list here for those who may be interested.

My first set of miniatures for pulp gaming are coming from Brigade Games
http://brigadegames.3dcartstores.com/ they only have two set of figure in 15mm one set has eight figures and the other has four which I have both on the way as of the moment. I will post them when they come in.
 

2 comments:

  1. Great project, I'm looking forward to reading more about this! I also intend to use Pulp Alley, albeit for sci-fi, but like you I'll be doing it in 15mm. I'm curious as to what you dig up concerning pulp minis in that size - maybe one day I will do a 15mm Indiana Jones project, I'd really love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will post all my findings and gaming ideas, and the games and out comes

      Delete