Tuesday, June 5, 2018

ARR! Me Pirate Ship!

I started work on a pirate ship or anyone's ship for that matter in 15mm scale. Now I'm no Sailor or very wise about manning or even rigging a ship for that matter but I'll give it a swing.

So to begin with I purchased a 1x4 then I cut it down into shorter lengths  two (2) fifteen inch pieces and one (1) 5 inch piece and then two (2) 3 inch pieces. I glued and stacked them and waited until the glue was dried the made some cuts with my jig saw. I started with two straight cuts to start the form of the bow, then the rest of the cuts were at a thirty degree angles. So it will be 15 inches from Bow to Stern how's that for sailor talk.

So here are some Pictures on our outdoor glass table which has a wave look to it I thought it would be fitting for the pictures couple of them are out of focus.

The Figure I'm using is from Rebel Minis for scale of the ship.
 "The Red Velvet"


You can see there is plenty of room for actions on the decks.





Closer look.







After looking at these pictures I think I will take more pictures of this project on this table.

Okay so now this will be skinned with cereal cardboard and card stock, three masts will be added with riggings and the sails rolled up using rolled up wads of tissue paper, I have some tight weave granny cloth for deck grills.

I will be ordering some deck cannons from Peter Pigs Web Site, along with some pirates as well and will be working on making it look like more cannon ports on the lower deck, and add some swivel cannons as well.

I have already ordered pirate figures from Rebel Minis, which are really great looking I can't wait to get them based and painted, I have his rule book "And a Bottle of Rum" which seems really great and again I can't wait to get gaming with it.

My over all plan is to run it as an Fantasy RPG Game, and will be adding enchanted and magical items some good ones and some really bad ones. In addition to Monsters and Creatures of all sorts.

I will be working on a couple of more ships one more this size and a few others a bit smaller.

Well Thanks for looking Mates.  
 

2 comments:

  1. cool, have you tried doing it with layers of cardboard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't, but it sounds like a good idea to use on small ships and boats.

      Delete