Saturday, July 28, 2018

Modern Aircraft for 15mm

Having a need for some Aircraft in my games, I did some research and found a few aircraft that I have been looking for in the 1:100 scale! and I have compiled a small list of ones that I think will be useful.

I have plans to purchase three of each of the models, two will be used for in flight and on the ground actions and the third will be used as a  crash site.

I will also get just one small airliner that is 1:100 scale for a crash site as well from Tamiya and a 1:96 scale Airliner from Lindberg. Which you can get them both from Hobbylinc http://hobbylinc.com/




There is a paper model of a C-130 in 1:100 scale I'm thinking of as well for $12.00 from Paper Alice here's a link www.modelalice.com/ , with some extra work I was thinking of doing two of those one as a crash site and the other as "Get to the Plane!"



Now to the Meat and Potatoes! here are  Fixed Wing Aircraft that I will be using they are from Revell Models and can be found at most hobby shops.

Harrier Jump Jet and the A-10 Warthog.






Now there are other fixed wing aircrafts but I figured these would be most useful for myself.

Other very useful aircrafts that I can't wait to get are the Rotary Wing Aircrafts. these are from Revell Models as well and again can be found in many hobby shops as well.

UH-1H Huey.




AH-1 Cobra.




UH-60 Blackhawk.




SH-60 Seahawk.




AH-64 Apache.




For a CH-47 you have to go to Syma Drones at www.syma-rc.com Model No. S026G. The complete kit is costly but the body parts are cheap! You will have to fabricate rotary blades because I don't think the ones they carry will do, nope not at all!




Old Glory UK has a CH-47 complete resin and metal model but a little too pricy for me www.oldgloryuk.com/ .



Of course this is a short list of aircraft useful for 15mm game, Modern Combat games, Zombies, Alien Invasion, Giant Bugs, Giant Monsters, or Post Apocalyptic.

In addition the are a few others that will work great for Pulp Fiction game too but that's another list.


No comments:

Post a Comment